Monstera ‘Monkey Mask’ Monstera adansonii
A spectacular climber decorated with light green, heart-shaped, slightly elongated leaves with numerous openings.
TYPE OF MOSS:
You can choose one of two types of moss to make the ball:
Cypress rocket Hypnum cupressiforme
Sea buckthorn Pleurozium schreberi
The image shows a: Cypress Rocket Hypnum cupressiforme moss ball
The choice of moss should be entered in the notes on the order.
If the moss type is not selected, the moss will be chosen at random.
The moss that will be used to make the ball was grown on our plantation in Poland.
It is FAIR MOSS.
The stand on which the Kokedama stands is made of pine wood, impregnated with wax.
Wooden stand size:
width 11 cm x 11 cm x height 3.8 cm.
Our stands all have the Japanese symbol for KOKE, which translates as MOSS.
- Outer box size: 25 cm x 25 cm x 50 cm
- Gift box size: 20 cm x 20 cm x 42 cm
- Kokedama: Approximately 15 cm to 30 cm in height
- Stand: width 11 cm x 11 cm x height 3.8 cm
- Moss ball: height 11.5 cm, x 11.5 cm
- Plant: 12 cm high (with individual variations)
Each Kokedama comes with instructions on how to care for it.
If the Kokedama is to be given as a gift, please write the name of the recipient in the comment box below. We customise each set of Kokedama instructions for the person who has bought the plant.
If the name is not included in the instructions, we will enter the name of the ordering person.
We pack the Kokedama in a decorative box with a handle, made of good-quality, ribbed cardboard. The inside of the box is filled with wood wool, protecting the Kokedama from damage.
In order for the parcel to arrive safely, a decorative box containing the Kokedama is placed inside an additional outer carton.
Attention! At temperatures below 0°C we do not send plants!
We accept no liability if you request your Kokedama sent at temperatures below 0oC. However, we do offer the option of collection in person of Kokadama from our nursery in Poland during colder months. At higher temperatures, we ship packages normally.
- At least once a week, dip the entire moss ball in a container of water for 20-30 minutes. (only a moss ball is supposed to be under the water).
- The soaking frequency depends on the humidity in the room, the temperature and the season of the year.
- Watch your Kokedama to keep it from drying out too much.
- Moss likes sprinkling with water. Using a spray of water, gently spray the moss – once a day (watch out for the wooden stand).
- At first, a green thread will be visible on the moss ball. After some time, as a Kokedama grows, with proper care, the moss will cover the thread.
Detailed instructions are included in the box with the Kokedama.
Kokedama enjoys dappled light.
It should not be exposed to strong sunlight.
It is best kept at room temperature: 18 C – 25 C.
If the weather is nice in summer, your Kokedama can go outside as wind, dew and sunlight are also important for the plant’s development.
Remember to place the Kokedama outside without its wooden stand. The stand, when exposed to weather conditions, may deteriorate.
Monstera ‘Monky Mask’ is a houseplant. When you put it outside, remember to take it back inside when the temperature drops below 15 ° C.